Friday, September 26, 2014

Twitter takeover

While ordering my books this semester from Chegg like I always use since more than 50% of the time it is the cheaper option, I had an issue where one of the CDs that I ordered didn't come in the packaging. So naturally I went online to find a number or email address that I could use to notify them that this had happened and to my surprise there was no email address, but there was a phone number to call, which told me to tweet them any issues or concerns.

Now I understand that using Twitter is easier and more helpful since it allows you to answer numerous people at any time without much of a delay, but what if you don't want to tweet your problem or if you don't have a Twitter, what do you do then? I found it a little odd and strange that I had to tweet Chegg about my order, but they did answer me very quickly (within 5 minutes) and I did get a replacement CD within a week. I just find the whole process of tweeting them a little inconvenient because what if I don't want something like that on my Twitter account where I have to tweet complaints instead of being able to pick up the phone and speak to a real live person. I would have preferred to have other options besides the Twitter option, but what can you do in a society where technology has pretty much taken over.

2 comments:

  1. I don't use twitter much, I have an account but don't really get it. It appears to be more about public relations and a form of advertising and I just cant find the time for it. I use Facebook because that's the only way to find out what' going on with friends and family and text all the time in stead of talking, so what's the point? I do most of my on-line shopping on Amazon. I just love their customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's no wonder people are getting more and more anxiety about talking on the phone or in person when they can solve everything through text. I do find it a little odd that you would have to tweet rather than call. I hope this is not a trend other companies will switch to.

    ReplyDelete